Here we will discuss how the entertainment industry influence young adults. Are these changes a good thing or is it negative.

Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Young Celebs being Bullied


As adolescents and young adults enter or is already in the entertainment industry they deal with many emotions, peer pressure, personal issues etc. I am a huge Harry Potter fan, and reading this article was a must to discuss in my blog. Emma Watson is one aspiring actress who became famous through her famous role as Hermione Granger from Harry Potter. This is one actress who has faced adversities but overcame those issues. Emma Watson “enrolled at Brown University in Rhode Island in 2009, turned her focus to her degree in a desperate attempt to escape the spotlight and the Potter franchise”(teenhollywood, 2011). Many children just want to be “normal” when living their daily lives. They are sometimes faced with pressure from those who isn’t in the industry. Some celebrities deal with jealousy, which may be able to lead to bullying.

             “I was in denial. I wanted to pretend I wasn’t as famous as I was. I was trying to seek out normality, but I kind of have to accept who I am, the position I’m in and what happened” –Emma Watson (teenhollywood, 2011).
            Many children will hide who they really are for those who aren’t in the limelight so they can have some kind of acceptance from their peers. Dealing with these issues it is up to the people around them to help understand and deal with the matter at hand. Slipping into a stage of denying who they really are can cause internal problems in their future. When dealing with peers that haven’t had the experience it can be hard on a celebrity at a young age.
            It is important for adults to help guide adolescents and young adults in the industry to stay focus and understand whom they really are. Acceptance of what is of them from others. When they accept who they are then others will also.

0 comments: